Monday 4 May 2015

April Favourites!


So April is over and it is May already! Where has the year gone! April brought some nicer weather to the UK and everything started to feel more spring like and lovely! I've been using much of the same products over the past month but there were some new items that popped into my collection that I've ended up loving, along with a few items in my stash that I've come to re-love again!

When watching one of Anna's videos (from ViviannaDoesMakeup) she mentioned the Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer. I was intrigued and picked it up on my next trip to Boots, and I love it! I'd compare it to Benefit's Boi-ing concealer, but it's better, and much more affordable! I have the shade Porcelain and it is perfect for covering and lightening up the under eye area. It's ok for blemishes, however as it's quite thick and full coverage, its not great for spots that are dry and/or raised too much as it shows them up even more rather than trying to conceal them! But it's become a regular product in my daily makeup routine and I reckon it's there to stay for a while!

Warmer weather to me means one thing - cream products! I've had this beautiful blush in my collection for a while now but it's been perfect for the last few weeks. The Gosh Giant Blush in 02 Shy is a lovely beige/pink natural flush of colour. I take a Real Techniques contour brush and take the product from the stick then apply to my cheeks. I've found applying it straight on to the cheeks from the stick can leave things looking a bit patchy, but no issues when using a brush! I may have to pick up a few more of these!

Pinks take over from reds on the lips around this time of the year - however a red lip still makes an appearance on a Friday night! This Max Factor Intensifying Balm in Refined Rose is perfect for those sunny days where you want a slight hint of colour but nothing too much! As the name suggests, it is a rosey pink that looks perfect with nearly every makeup look! I'd recommend applying a little bit of a moisturising lip balm first - something like Nuxe Reve De Miel - just to give a bit more hydration as I've found it to be a little drying after a while.

There's nothing worse than being hot, and not wanting to ruin your makeup whilst trying to cool down! The Sanctuary Spa Pore Refining Toner came to the forefront of my stash when the sunny weather appeared. It's a spray toner that is a lovely addition to your skincare routine, but also amazing when in need of some refreshing! Spritzed all over the face, it cools everything down and makes you feel fresh!

What have your favourite products been in April?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog post! Been wanting to try the rimmel concealer for a while you've definitley tempted me to buy it now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it's definitely worth it! I'm still in love with it :) xx

      Delete