Sunday 31 May 2015

BeautyCon London!


When I heard that BeautyCon were coming to London, and it was happening when I had a week off work, I couldn’t think of more reasons to go! I’m always working when anything exciting happens, and I have to jump at the chance to do anything I want to do! So 23rd May - game!
Looking at the schedule of the day and the brands that were going to be there, I was looking forward to it even more! 

I selected a couple of panels that I wanted to see. They both involved people who's blogs I’ve followed and loved for a long time! The first one, Behind the Camera: The Culture of Creators, involved some beautiful British bloggers/vloggers - HelloOctoberxo, Caroline Hirons, and Fleur De Force. I was interested to see what they had to say and some fair points were made! 
If you want to know what Fleur does when she has a mental block for videos, she comes to us! Her subscribers - bringing it back to the people that keep her going! And her dress was to die for! So beautiful! 
Suzie from HelloOctoberxo said she was terrified to do the panel but she was effortless and adorable! If she wasn’t doing YouTube she’d become a dog walker - probably as part of Fleur’s dog hotel! 
And Caroline Hirons was her amazing self! Very down to earth and real. She’s one person that I’ve loved her blog for years and she sorted out so many of my skin problems that I’ve had, and it was lovely to finally see her in ‘real life’. How lame does that sound?! But when you’ve relied on someone you don’t know to sort out your face you feel like you have some sort of connection with them! I got to meet Caroline as she was walking round the venue, and she was more than happy to stand and have a chat - amazing woman!

  
The other people on the panel were Aidan Alexander, Amy Pham, SierraMarieMakeup, and Lana; all American YouTubers. If I’m honest, I’d never heard of them, but they seemed cool. And just in case you weren’t there - Aidan Alexander is an actor. No really he’s an actor. Did you miss it? An ACTOR!

We had plenty of time between panels to wonder round the event and make some purchases, and gather some freebies! Theres weren’t as many brands there as I thought there would be, but it was exciting to see brands that aren’t readily available in the UK for the first time. Tarte for example! Picked up a few items from them - but thats an entirely different blog post! Other bands included Benefit, Crown Brushes, Eyelure, Liz Earle, NYX, and Red Carpet Manicure. Looking back at it I picked up a few bits from most of those! oops… Expect many a blog post to follow on exciting new things! 


The next panel we saw was Beautiful Inside & Out. Featuring Estee Lalonde, Lily Pebbles, Kaushal Beauty, ViviannaDoesMakeup, Lexi A-N, and Beauty Crush. Many of my favourite bloggers, so I had to go really! I hadn’t seen a lot of Lexi A-N’s videos or blog posts, but I found a new love for her during that panel! What a personality! She seems like someone I’d love to go for a drink with and just talk and talk! The only thing I have a slight complaint about is that it was all a bit same-y to the first panel. Questions, general topics, the only thing that really changed was the people asking and answering the questions. But all in all it was good, and I did enjoy them! 

Were you at BeautyCon London? Did you see anything I didn’t? Let a girl know!

No comments:

Post a Comment