Thursday 21 May 2015

Boots - Collective Haul!



The last few times I've been to Boots I've picked up some new things, as well as some old favourites! Here's a round up of what's new to me...

The sun has finally made more of an appearance in the UK and therefore I've been reaching for bronzers, bronzers, bronzers! I saw the Bourjois Bronzing Cream 8-in-1 and couldn't resist putting it in my basket and taking it home with me! The first time I used it, I used it as a primer underneath my makeup to give me and all over glow; which was nice but didn't quite give the result I was looking for. Shortly after purchasing this I saw Alix (ICovetThee) use it in her Glowing Skin video and took some valued words of advice and used it as a cream bronzer instead. And I love it! It gives that natural sun kissed glow and the perfect bronze to the cheeks - perfect when the sun is out and you haven't ventured further a field to get a tan! 

I finally managed to get my hands on Essie Maximillian Strasse-Her. I've loathed after this for so long, and my local Boots had replenished their stock! I snapped it up quick, as it flies off the shelf! I'm currently wearing it on my toes, as the open toed shoes have snuck out from the back of my collection! I can't wait to wear it on my fingers too (eventually!). It will no doubt be a much loved product in my stash!

My nails have been so sad for a while now, getting into the habit of being kind to them and treating them well has taken a bit longer than expected! But seeing as I had a break from work and I knew it wouldn't be an absolute trauma having them, I bought some Nailene So Natural Everyday French Nails in Short - Pink Beige. Even though they are 'short', they were still far too long for me to wear them comfortably. So to suit me, I trimmed them down and filed them off so they were more of a 'your nails but better' length! I'm glad that saying doesn't just apply to lipstick haha. They stuck pretty well and didn't leave my nails in a state once removed. They were easy to paint too, but didn't seem to deal well with a top coat over the polish, but seeing as they were a quick fix, I'm not too bothered!

When it comes to brands I've not tried yet, Origins is one! When going into a store that sells Origins I'm always drawn to it but never really know what to try first. My skin has been quite dehydrated as of late and I'm tired of hating how my skin looks in the mornings when I attempt to apply my makeup around the dry patches! So I spotted the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask and it accidentally fell into my basket...oops. I'm yet to use it but I'm sure there will be a First Thoughts
blog post up soon! I have high hopes! *fingers crossed*

Since getting my hair ombred I've been on the hunt for things to keep it looking its best! I found the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Everlasting Blonde Colour Preserving Shampoo (longest name ever!) in a tiny cute travel size and decided to give it a go! I shampoo my hair like normal, wash it out, then use this just on my ends, leave it on whilst I wash the rest of my body (TMI?) and then rinse it out. I definitely noticed a difference; not sure if this is the best way to keep it in shape, but it works!
Now the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner is a new one to me. I'd noticed my ends being incredibly dry, and to be honest I'm not too sure why I didn't pick up a conditioner in the first place! I haven't used it yet but if it's as good as the shampoo it will sort the dryness out a treat! Smooth, silky hair here I come! I've found the small size is perfect for ombre hair as you don't have a lot of blonde, and it lasts a long time because you're only using a small amount!

Warmer months mean cream blush. The Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in 14 Soft Pink is ideal! It's quite sheer and can be built up easily, but is perfect for that rosy summer glow! It doesn't dry matte either so that glow just keeps on glowing!

Wow this has been a rambly post, but I hope you like seeing what I picked up lately. If you start to think I've got a slight Boots problem...I think you'd be correct! To the next haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment