Tuesday 16 June 2015

Welcome Crown Brushes In To Your Life!


If I'm honest, I'd never heard of Crown Brushes before BeautyCon London. But oh my, these brushes are stunning! I picked up three brushes and one tool that I've wanted for a while. 

The BK22 Brow/Lash Groomer Brush - I bought this as a well needed tool that I think everyone should have in their collection. Those days when your lashes are clumped together, when all you wanted was that fluttery affect, or you've applied one too many coats of mascara, the comb sorts out those issues and gives you the lashes that you woke up wanting! And when you can never find that spoolie that keeps migrating to the bottom of your makeup bag, the brush on the other side grooms through brows like a dream!

The C225 Mini Liner Brush - winged liner, brows? This brush has your back! It's so tiny and precise that it's difficult to go wrong with liner! I place the brush along the lower lash line, put a stroke of the brush against the corner of my eye and follow the line from there - perfect! As for brows, welcome to the brush that will give you those hairs you haven't got, in the most natural way! Because the brush is so small, it's just the right length of normal brow hairs, so getting that natural look is so much easier!

The C473 Studio Pro Contour Brush - Now I have to say this brush was a bit of whim purchase. We were sat waiting for a panel at BCL, and I spotted a girl a couple rows in front looking at her new brushes; this was one of them. I was so intrigued that I thought it would be rude not to get my hands on one! We wandered over to the Crown Brushes stand, and to be honest I was only looking to buy this one - the other three jumped in to the basket... ;) But this brush has transformed how I contour! It does the job for you - like all good brushes should! Previously I was using the Real Techniques Contour Brush which is perfect for applying bronzer, but I find it a bit too fluffy for contour. This brush is dense and the perfect width and depth to etch out those cheek bones like a pro! Love it!

The C461 Infinity Precision Crease Brush - My eye makeup has been changed up since I had this beautiful brush in my collection! It's one of the best pencil brushes I've tried. Dense enough to apply a good amount of colour, but soft enough that you don't feel like your carving out your eyeball! You know, those brushes that are so scratchy, you feel like they'd be better off getting dirt of your dishes? Gone are the days of crappy brushes! Welcome this crease brush into your life and don't look back! My eye makeup used to be quite dramatic and heavy, then I went through a stage of keeping it simple, and now I've found a healthy balance in the middle!
I've been pairing this brush with the much loved Makeup Revolution I Love Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette. Taking the shades Suger, Choc-fest and White on the upper and lower lash line, close to the lashes and smoking them out. It's been my go to look for a good couple of weeks and I think it's here to stay! This brush makes applying shadow close to the lash line so easy, and has Revolution-ised my eye look!

Have you tried any brushes from Crown? Let me know your thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment