Monday 6 July 2015

June Favourites!




So six months of the year down, and a six month anniversary for this blog! I started this blog as a way to escape and have some me time, and if I'm honest, it's been great! And long may it continue. I didn't start all this to get the most followers or page views but if you do read my little part of the internet, a big thank you!

Ok so June favourites time! The last part of this month has been so warm so minimal makeup has been happening; because lets be honest its not about having makeup running down your face from the heat! So to neutralise all the dark circles and general discolouration I've been loving the Nip+Fab CC Eye Fix in Light. It's one of those products that does all the work for you! I normally apply it in a V shape under my eyes, around my nose, and anywhere that needs it, and then blend it out with my finger. Just remember, whatever a product is designed for, you don't have to use it for just that purpose! Think outside the box!

As it's been glorious sunshine, shock horror, in the UK, I've been reaching for all of the bronzing type products in my stash! The most used is by far the beautiful Bourjois BB Bronzing Cream 8 in 1. I've found a few different ways I like to use this - mixed in with foundation, as an all over primer before foundation, and as a cream bronzer. My favourite way has definitely been the latter. It's super easy to work with. I apply it on the back of my hand, and then using my Real Techniques contour brush I brush most of it off, and then blend it into the hollows of my cheeks and around my face in a 3 shape. I usually apply a bit more than needed, I like the bronzed look too much! Then taking the Miracle Complexion Sponge from RT I blend the heck out of it to make it look more natural and flawless! Love, love, love!

To apply the powder bronzing/contour products I've been using this month I've been using the stunning Crown Brushes C473 Pro Contour Brush that I featured in my 'Welcome Crown Brushes In To Your Life' post. It's different to all the brushes I've tried and I love it. Not much else to say about it, apart from go and pick one up! You won't regret it!

Now the summer isn't just about having that bronzed goddess look. It's always nice to have a flush of pink sneaking through that tanned glow! The No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in Honey is my go to blush, without any question! If you want the perfect natural flush of colour, pinky/rosey tint in a pan - this blush is for you! It's very subtle, but beautiful none the less!

And as it's been hot, and yes I've been quite bad and not drunk enough water (my bad), I've been religiously applying the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. My first Origins purchase was a fantastic one! If you've not tried this, and you're late on the band wagon like I was, rush out and pick this little beauty up! Do it! Give you're skin a drink, and let it appreciate all the hydration!

What have you been enjoying this past month? Any recommendations?

3 comments:

  1. I bought the origins mask because you raved about it and OMG its amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely products. Crown brushes are amazing especially that contour brush, one of my favourites too x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ye I love the contour brush, it makes contouring so simple and easy! x

      Delete